Posted on February 2, 2023
Taking- Brooklyn, NY February 13th, 2023
Taking is the most difficult quadrant in the Wheel of Consent. If we master it, the other quadrants become easier to access and better to play in.
Asking for what we want is the most vulnerable we can be. There are lots of reasons we “can’t” or don’t take through making requests. Like any ability, vulnerability can get easier with practice. This is an opportunity to take in a safe place.
Often we find that this experience solidifies one or more boundaries. It’s an opportunity to feel those edges and practice saying, “no,” “Yes,” or “MORE!!!!!”. Many leave with inspiration for new ways they like to take and new ways they like to allow.
You may hit a pleasure ceiling. You may convince yourself you can’t or don’t want to feel more. That is something to notice; it’s probably connected to some experience or judgment/belief about yourself that you don’t need. All of this is medicine.
This is a guided experience that will start at 8:30 when the circle opens. We’ll have two practices and then have space for open flow. You will be supported and held throughout.
- Confidentiality- What happens here stays here. Take the gems and share your learning without names or details.
- Sobriety- You may drift into non-ordinary reality during but we ask you to arrive sober to ensure our “Yes,” and “no,” comes from sound mind and body.
- Ahimsa- Do no harm to your self, others, or the space.
What to bring:
- An open mind, willingness, honesty, and a creator mindset.
- Comfortable clothes that are easy to remove should you choose to (often, clothing will be our unspoken boundary. We’ll ask participants not to remove other people’s clothes. If they have a part of their body covered, it’s a no for touch).
- Altar items
- Sense toys- hard, soft, squishy, shocking, etc. Let’s make a buffet of yumminess.
- Snacks- Why not. 🙂
$45. There are limited tickets available so please purchase early.